Christmas Season Services
Christmas is a busy time. But, it is also a sacred time. At First Presbyterian, we have many traditions to help us remember that Jesus Christ came into the world to offer us hope and peace and joy and love.
- Nov. 30, 6 to 9 p.m. - Live nativity scene with animals outside. Inside: music performances by individuals and groups in sanctuary; and nativity scenes from around the world, cookies and hot cider.
- Dec. 5, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers Communion Service
- Dec. 7, 4 to 6:30 p.m. - Santa's Diper Drive
- Dec. 9, 9:30 a.m. - Children's Christmas Concert
- Dec. 12, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers Communion Service
- Dec. 19, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers Communion Service
- Dec. 23, 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. - The choir will present Sacred Music Sunday performances - 8:30 and 10:45 a.m.
- Dec. 21, 11:30 a.m. - Preschool Christmas Pageant
- Dec. 24, 5 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. - Christmas Eve Evening Services
- Through a Daily Devotion Guide members of our congregation share their heartfelt stories of faith.
- Our confirmation youth participate in services by reading scripture, leading us in prayer and lighting Advent candles that represent the light of Jesus Christ coming into our world.
- Our Sacred Music Sunday is an Advent season highlight led by our choir.
- Each of our children’s programs (Sunday School, Preschool, and K Plus share their talents in annual Christmas performances.
- Our congregation also participates in the Downtown Jefferson City Living Windows on with a live nativity (complete with animals) outside. Inside we share seasonal displays, hot cider and fresh baked cookies and a booth of Fair Trade items.
Each Wednesday in Advent at 6 p.m. we hold an Advent Vesper Communion service. It provides a weekly sacred and calm space for each of us to prepare for the Christ child.
Christmas Eve Services
Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion services are held at 5, 7:30 and 11 p.m.
Come and be part of the Advent and Christmas celebration at First Presbyterian!