Activities and Events
Throughout the year, FPC hosts church dinners and activities that bring members and friends together for fellowship and to strengthen our faith community. All activities are open to the whole church family and their guests.
- Golf Tournament - Sat., October 7, at Oak Hills Golf Course
- Miracles & Missions Silent Auction and Dinner - Sat., October 7, 6 p.m. in Knox Hall
- Halloween Party and Chili/Dessert Cookoff
on Sunday, October 29th (starting at 3:30)
- Missing Pieces Concert, Sat., Nov. 4
TAKING RESERVATIONS NOW - Our Family Life Committee is planning to sponsor a trip to Branson to see the “Miracle of Christmas” show at the Sight and Sound Theater if we have enough interest (and reservations by August 21st.) The trip will be on Saturday, December 2nd for the 3:30 pm show. We would plan to leave FPC around 10:00 am, drive to Branson for a late lunch, see the show, and drive back – with the option of staying overnight if some folks want to (and drive separately.) Ticket cost will be approximately $50 per person (depending on the number of tickets we purchase.) Reservation Deadline with payment is Monday, August 21st. See Pastor Dave or Elders Gene Reed, John Howland or Carol Scott to reserve a ticket.
Year-round activities include:
- Acts & Snacks talent showcase
- Family Movie Night
- Outings to area theater productions, movies or professional baseball games
- Chili/dessert cookoff
- Halloween Party
- Luncheons for Thanksgiving and Founder's Day
- Easter breakfast
Retreats or Camping
We are fortunate to have the Missouri Union Presbytery Covenant Point Camp located just across the river in Holts Summit. It is a great place for families to get away from the everyday and connect with God and one another. There also are opportunities for the whole family to share resort-style, pick-your-own camp options with other families from the Missouri Presbytery or to join other FPC members at family retreats. It is a great place to enjoy the great outdoors - hiking, canoeing, paddle boats, fishing, swimming, nature watching, as well as community-building activities and worship.
See all the opportunities families at Covenant Point Camp online.
Looking for some exercise and Christian fun? FPC's teams are looking for you! Join us for:
- Adult Co-Ed Volleyball at various times on Tuesdays at Southridge Baptist Church gym. It is a time of fun and fellowship. Contact Guy Krause to sign up.