Fellowship is an important aspect of any family and so it is with us. We have frequent congregational lunches and dinners. There are volleyball teams, groups who attend plays, adult fellowship meals, older adult fellowship groups and many more activities for all ages. Find one that enriches your faith!
Loaves & Fishes Groups
FPC has a long and growing tradition of “Loaves & Fishes” groups. These groups are made up of church members who usually gather once a month for food and fellowship. Most meet regularly in the home of a member while other change location from month to month.
Loaves & Fishes Groups are open to new folks joining and we are always open to beginning a new group. If you would like to join an existing group, contact the group facilitator (listed below). If you would like to start a new group, contact Pastor Henry.
- The Corley Loaves & Fishes Group meets at 6:30 p.m. September through May on the first Friday of the month. A theme is chosen for a potluck and each member brings a food to share that matches the theme. Themes can be anything: Mexican, hot, green, round, back-to-school. It is amazing how pizza fits into every theme! Sometimes there is just meat and desserts. But, the food and fellowship is always good! Contact Mary Corley to get involved.
- The Bailey Loaves & Fishes Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Friday of each month at the home of Bob and Annell Bailey. The group is always happy to welcome new members! Contact Annell Bailey to get involved.
- The “Floating” Loaves & Fishes Group - This group meets at 6 p.m. on the second Saturday of the month and moves from home to home. It is a potluck dinner without a plan or assigned dishes, but there is always a balanced meal! The group gathers for conversation and sharing. Then, enjoys the meal. Call Sue Nichols to get involved.
Men's Prayer Breakfast
Our Presbyterian men meet at 7 a.m. on the third Monday of each month at the Downtown Diner. It’s a good time of fellowship, food, prayer and lively conversation. Contact Jim Grazier or Pastor Henry for more details.
The Presbyterian Women (PW) meets at noon on the first Wednesday of each month (Sept. to April). The group has a tradition of active mission, faithful service and lively study. PW provides a wide variety of activities for all women to serve the congregation, the community, our presbytery, and the larger church.
- Annual Women’s Mini-Retreat
- Advent Vespers fellowship reception
- Assembly of Church World Service hygiene, school and baby kits during annual “Kits for Kids” event
- Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday
- Bible study 10:30 a.m. (first Wednesdays, Sept. to April)
- Monthly noon luncheons and programs (first Wednesdays, Sept. to April)
- Support of the PW national Thank Offering, Birthday Offering, and other national and international PCUSA missions
- Collection of labels from Campbell’s soup, Best Choice and Box Tops for Education
- Kaffee Klatsch fellowship, which meets at a local coffee shop each month
Presbyterian Women (PW) Circles
PW Circles offer monthly (September to May) opportunities for Bible study and fellowship:
- Monthly Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. on the first Wednesday of the month in the McAfee Room
- Faith Circle meets at 1:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday monthly at Heisinger Bluffs Retirement Center - Susie Jones' apartment.
- Afternoon Circle meets at 12:45 p.m. on the second Thursday monthly in the church parlor.
- Coral Circle meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday monthly at different locations.
PW Circles gather to visit, pray, share joys and sorrows, and study God’s word. For some, Circle offers a time to relax and be among friends who care for you unconditionally. For some, Circle offers the discipline of studying the Bible. For some, Circle offers a connection to the service work of the church through the broader mission efforts of Presbyterian Women and the PC(USA). There’s a PW Circle waiting for you! Contact Margi Woods for more information.
Presbyterian Women (PW) also hold regular Bible Study. See details.
Learn more about Presbyterian Women.
Retired Adults Fellowship (RAF)
This fellowship is for all retired (or semi-retired) adults. The group gathers on the third Thursday of each month for fellowship, food and fun. (See calendar for schedule.) Activities range from sightseeing trips to experiencing the plays, restaurants and museums of Mid-Missouri. If you’re interested in learning more about RAF, contact the church office at 573-636-2149.
Young Adults participate in community service project at Habitat for Hummanity construction site.
Young Adult Supper led by Pastor Wolfe takes place at 6 p.m. monthly for a meal and fellowship. The group usually gathers on a Friday or Saturday night to share a meal and socialize. Pastor Rob and Joan Erickson host the meal in their home. Babysitting is provided for those who have children.
Faith Uncorked is a gathering of young adults from First Presbyterian Church and their friends who meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. for light refreshments, fellowship and to talk about faith. The group meets at either The Cork in downtown Jefferson City or in someone's home and a faith topic is lifted up for the group to share and explore together. Light finger food and drinks are provided with spirits available for purchase. Babysitting is provided for those who have children.